Sonntag, 2. September 2018

McCall's 7624 Kimono Dress


McCall's 7624


I love Kimono-Dresses and I fell in love with this dress when I saw the pattern. However, I had a few issues with the pattern. But alltogehter it looks nice and it's wearable.

I had the feeling  a part of the instructions is missing. It is required to cut 2 frontbands, but I only found out after a few times struggeling how to sew it to the dress. And I think the interfacing on both sides of the front band is unnecessary (the front band is now really "thick"). I want to make this dress again (as a maxi-dress), but will try it without the interfacing.

I added another band at the hem of the dress, cause I think it looks nice and matches the sleeves.

The pattern requires a lot of handsewing, all contrasting bands are sewed down with slipstitch.  I don't mind that, cause I love handsewing. But you should have that in mind, if you want to make a "quick" dress.

WIP:




And the finished dress:






Love, AvA

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen